Hey everyone, I’m making this post to share with all of you the quarterly goals I’ve set for myself for July 15th through October 15th. I know it’s an odd time to choose to start this, but I figured it’s better to begin now than to wait until August 1st! Anyway, I’m doing this because I follow a couple of different authors on YouTube who make quarterly goals for themselves and have been wanting to try it myself. Making quarterly goals is pretty much just creating a list of the things you realistically want to accomplish in the next three months and holding yourself accountable for them. You’re supposed to be able to look back at this list every couple of days to make sure you’re on track.
At the end of the three months, I’m going to look back at this list and tell you all what I accomplished or what I failed to accomplish.
- Have new draft of my current project finished and begin editing it
- Go on an hour walk 4 days a week
- Go to the gym at least 3 days a week
- Put $50 towards travel fund every month
- Write posts on this blog 1-2 times a week
- Begin plotting a new novel
- Complete first draft of a short story for a literary magazine
- Join a club at school
- Clean out old clothes and donate them to charity
- Research and come up with a list of publishing agencies I would be interested in interning at
- Read at least 5 classic books
Do any of you guys create quarterly goals? If so, what are they for this quarter?